The Texas City Independent School District is a learning community which holds as its guiding principle “Every Child Will Learn”.
Thus, we believe...
- Every decision should be made based on what is best for students;
- All students, teachers, parents, and staff must be treated with respect;
- Cultural diversity must be embraced to enhance the learning experiences of our students;
- High levels of performance are expected from all students, teachers, and staff;
- All district personnel have a moral obligation to:
- Create, maintain, and support a learning environment that is
academically, emotionally, and physically safe,
- Take time to know and understand students and colleagues,
Provide opportunities and guidance for students to explore
and develop their uniqueness,
- Deliver high quality instruction that engages each student;
- Learning is directly impacted through staff participation in and implementation of researched-based professional development; and
- Shared leadership and collaboration are essential for our success.
Therefore, we commit to prepare our students for their future by building relationships,
making learning relevant and rigorous, and developing each student’s unique talents and skills.
Download a Printable Version of TCISD's Directional System