Fingerprinting as Legally Required
Senate Bill 9, known as the “fingerprinting bill,” is a comprehensive statute requiring various levels of criminal history review for different types of public employees.
Criminal History Record Review Process Timeline
- New Certified Employees
- Current Certified Employees
- Substitute Teachers
- New Non-Certified Employees
- Current Non-Certified Employees
- Regular Contractor (Has direct contact with students)
- January 13, 2010 - Texas City ISD will receive official notification from TEA.
- January 15, 2010 - 80 Day Clock begins! All certified employees and Substitutes have 80 calendar days to complete the fingerprinting requirement. Upload of employee information begins.
- January 27- March 1, 2010 - Time period to conduct fingerprints on Texas City ISD campuses. Campus principals will have schedules for their campus.
- February 9, 2010 - There are 55 days left. District and employee receives email from TEA regarding status of fingerprinting process.
- April 5, 2010 - This is the deadline. TEA must receive fingerprinting results or certified employee’s certificate status will change to INACTIVE.
Certified employees required to have the fingerprinting completed will have an appointment scheduled on the designated campus day unless other arrangements have been made.
- Certified employees will check with their campus principal or designated assistant principal and get their appointment schedule for their campus on or after January 22.
- Certified employees will report to campus fingerprinting location at the scheduled date/time.
- L-1 Identity Solutions will capture the fingerprints for SB 9 purposes and will work with our District during the 80 day clock of time.
- Certified employees who are not able to schedule an appointment during January 27-March 1, 2010 will need to have their fingerprint completed at one of the L-1 Identity Solutions locations by April 5, 2010.
Should you not get fingerprinted on your campus, it can also be done at Mainland Testing Center, located at 9300 Emmett F. Lowry Expressway; Suite #156 in Texas City. There phone number is 409-978-2440.
You can get more information from the Senate Bill 9 PowerPoint regarding more details on the Criminal History Review Process, non-employable offenses, employee notification requirements and more.
Download the PowerPoint
for certified staff.
Download the PowerPoint
for non-certified staff.