Pre-K/Head Start Application Process
2013-2014 PreK/ Head Start Application Information
Eligibility Requirements for 2013-2014
- Children must be three or four years old on or before September 1, 2013; and
- Families must meet income eligibility guidelines and/or qualify for free or reduced National School Lunch Program; or
- Limited proficiency in English; or
- Professionally evaluated and diagnosed with a learning disability; or
- A legal foster child; or
- have a parent in the military; or
All of the following items must be presented during the application process in order to be considered for enrollment:
- Parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license
- Birth certificate
- Current up-to-date immunization record
- Social security card for the child
- Family income verification (2 most recent check stubs for each member employed or past two months of bank statements showing payroll direct deposits)
- Two proofs of residency in TCISD that are no older than 30 days before the date of application. (Lease agreement showing names of children, utility bills or receipts with address and name listed, proof of food stamps, Medicaid verification).
- If parents/guardians are living in another person’s home, the homeowner must provide 2 proofs of residency from the list above, along with the appropriate notarized TCISD registration form.
- If the child lives with someone other than parents, please provide notarized court documentation showing legal guardianship
- Health insurance card (CHIPS, Medicaid, or private insurance)
Pre-K/ Head Start Application Process
The application process for the Pre-K/Head Start program is ongoing throughout the 2012-2013 school year.
Parents or legal guardians of all accepted students must complete the enrollment process before being added to a class list. Parents or legal guardians of all Pre-K students will be required to present current proofs of income; no older than 30 days.
Apply in person at the Pre-K/Head Start Building at 300 N. Logan
Please have all required paperwork ready when you arrive. The registration/enrollment process will take a minimum of one hour to complete. Your child does not need to attend with you.
Any questions may be directed to Mrs. Hernandez at 409-916-0512.
School Supply List for 2012-2013
Registration Dates & Times
Applications will be accepted on the following dates at the Pre-K/ Head Start Building
300 North Logan
Monday, June 10, 2013 from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 from 12:00 PM-7:00 PM
Thursday, June 13, 2013 from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM
Late Application and Enrollment will take place:
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM
Wednesday, August 7, 2013 from 8:30 AM-3:30 PM
Thursday, August 8, 2013 from 12:00 PM-7:00 PM
Friday, August 9, 2013 from 8:30 AM-12:30 PM